I know what you're thinking, Strawberry and whisky?
This was the first ever infusion I did, I just wanted to infuse something simple and easy so thought strawberries would be good, I was right. I've adapted the infusion over time but have never played with it in cocktails that much so think I'll have to make a new batch and have a play.
Time to Make: 4-6 Days
750ml Jar FireFly Moonshine White Lighting
510ml High Quality Water
1. De-Green the strawberries and prick them with a tooth pick (this increases the surface area and makes the infusion more efficient).
2. Add half the strawberries and raspberries to the Moonshine in a non-reactive container (Glass or Plastic).
3. Leave for 2 days then replace with the remaining strawberries and raspberries.
4. Once all the colour has gone from the strawberries strain all the fruit out using a fine strainer (use a coffee filter if needed).
5. Finally add the water and enjoy.
I chose FireFly Moonshine firstly I enjoyed the product. It's crafted nicely and tastes good, for the infusion it was perfect it took nicely to the flavors. Price wise it's cheaper than any other moonshine/white whisky or white dog.
Lastly it was a 50.4% I added the water to this as at this percentage there was a large amount of burn, the water brings it down to 30%, which softens the burn and allows your to properly taste the fruit.
Bellow is a cocktail I created with the moonshine
37.5ml Redfruit FireFly Moonshine
12.5ml Lime Juice
2 Dash The Bitter Truth Creole Bitters
20ml Mr Fitzpatrick's Blood Tonic Cordial
Method: Shake & Strain
Garnish: Speard Strawberry
I took this recipe and made changes to it in
the Fernet Branca Cocktail section